Correspondence table of symbol and official name

I appreciate the provision of a great API.
However, I can not find a correspondence table of symbol and official name 1: 1.
Example: XMR: monero, RDN: Raiden_Network_Token.
Where is it?

1 Like

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Apparently, this question was stuck in the approval queue. We’re new to this forum software so you should hear back from us much sooner in the future.

Regarding this . . .

The answer is that we don’t yet provide this metadata. It’s coming this month (or next month at the latest) but we don’t currently provide token name. Stay tuned… this isn’t too far off, and it’s a much requested feature.

Warm regards,
Clay

Is it possible to post a file here? I created a .json file that does this. Wouldn’t mind sharing it.

I took the currency symbol and then added the name used on Nomics.com.

{ "BTC": { "name": "Bitcoin" }, "ETH": { "name": Ethereum }, ... }

2 Likes

It is absolutely possible to attach a file.

Thank you for making this contribution.

There’s an upload icon present while creating a post. I just turned on the ability to add JSON, CSV, TXT, files, as well as several images types. Any other file extensions I should enable for upload?

Awesome. Found the button. But it looks like new users can’t upload files just yet.

1 Like

Sorry about this! These forums are new to us. You can now upload files.

Cool. Here’s the file and I’m constantly updating it. I have a console.log in a service file which let’s me know when there’s a currency symbol not listed in this file so I can update it.

api-names.json (43.8 KB)

(Hope nobody minds but I’m updating this file periodically. I’m not removing anything… just adding.)

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

Yeah, this is great. Thank you.

Ah cool, I just posted a question about this: How to get Currency Names?

So full names are coming! :smiley: this is great news!

1 Like

Yup! BTW are you using us at Trade.io ?

No, only using the Nomics API on the https://moon.holdings refactor.

Trade.io has created their own market and prices, I didn’t see any 3rd party APIs for price data.

I created a github repo for this so you can pull the latest json.

1 Like

It’s about four months later. What could possibly be so difficult about including coin names in the currencies endpoint? :roll_eyes:

The json file helpfully provided by razorsyntax yet has about 400 tickers with missing names.

1 Like

You can find the latest version I put together on that github link. I’ll try to make sure I get that updated again today and more regularly.

Hey, is there a way you could put this on an open source repo so if the community want’s to contribute, they can?

@joeblau Sure! I’m not sure how to go about doing that though. (I’m looking through the github settings at the moment). I’ll be happy to add collaborators to the repo too.

I think I was also going to include some correspondences for Exchange Names (Eg. Nomics uses ‘gdax’ rather than ‘Coinbase Pro’) and common ticker symbols (eg. Nomics uses ‘BITTORRENT’ rather than ‘BTT’.).

I did something similar to what you did 4 months ago: Here is my working list which I have no idea where I got it from now :slight_smile:

Looks like the currencies API just added names!

This endpoint was documented and announced today!